Thursday, July 15, 2010

A Card for A Hero

Lately I've been creating some cards for Operation Write Home, which sends homemade cards to the soldiers overseas so that they can, in turn, send them back home to their families.   You should try it.

Anyway, today they issued a challenge to make cards for our heroes to send home to their kids.  Here's my first efforts.  I made a few for me to use as well as a few to send to them.  The ones for my use have a button on it, but that thickness can be problematic for their uses, so I eliminated it for the ones to send to them.



It's A2 size (4.25 x 5.5 folded) using Kraft colored cardstock, half an A2 scalloped note in Mango and some scrap strips of K & Co Citronella paper.  The image is a Basic Grey stamp stamped with Versafine in black.  Colored using Copic markers.  Can't recall where the ribbon came from.  The sentiment inside is, 'You Are Precious."

Let me know what you're making!

8 comments:

Paula S. said...

Very cute card. Lovely, unique ribbon too. Perfect for the card! Thanks for playing along this week.

helloholley said...

cute little image and I'm with Paula.....love that ribbon....your card is adorable! ;)

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

She's just to cute....love her hairdo. What fun! I use a lot of ribbon too due to mailing cost and less chance of it snagging or button being lost.

Unknown said...

Fun card. I love your layered mats and how the trim on the bottom of the dress looks like it is dimensional. I still can't tell for sure if it is colored or if it is embellished with something else. Nice job.

Rain Rose said...

The dress is actually just where I've stamped the image a second time on a pink patterned paper, cut it out and adhered it over the original stamped image. Then I colored the arms and heart. I couldn't find my Xyron, so I used a dry adhesive -- so it probably *is* a bit dimensional. =)

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your card is really cute and I like the ribbon too ;)

Sherry Hickey said...

Your card is cute and beautiful at the same time! I'd love to know where to get that image.

Operation Write Home said...

So cute! I just love that image too. The ribbon is the perfect touch!