Saturday, March 07, 2009

Poor Sick Baby




I've got a sick baby. Ok, so she's not ACTUALLY a baby, but she's MY baby and even at almost seven years of age, the things she wants most when sick are the very some things most of us want: for Mommy to held her, to have someone bring all the right foods, to have the dog curl up with her, to watch bad tv, to be left alone, for the water to taste better, for raisins not to roll off the plate, for bread -- RIGHT NOW and then not, to have ALL of the covers, but hate them all... She's sick and nothing will be right until she's not.

We're a pretty healthy lot, so dealing with sick kids doesn't happen very often and I'm not really sure what to do. But, here I sit on the sofa at the foot of the bed reading everyone elses blogs and typing on my own, listening to her alternately whimper and then aggravate the dog. She's currently curled up on the floor at my feet, arms lovingly choking the dog and annoying him to no end. Even in sickness she's impossible to keep still.

Perhaps it's the paint fumes from dh and son #1 painting my soon-to-be-scrapbooking room a lovely blue or maybe it's that my only nutrition today has come in the form of Thin Mints, but this is actually kinda nice. I mean, what with the sick kid and all, I don't feel the least bit guilty looking at the insanely disgusting carpet or the pile of crap on virtually every horizontal surface or even the plastic bags full of junk I recently purchased but have yet to put away that are hanging from the knobs on my dresser drawers. Nope, I have a sick baby and she needs her mommy... so, until she's well, I'll just sit here and wait, and eat Thin Mints and occasionally fetch her the food that she swears will make her all well, that she'll take one look at and let sit... and, because she needs me to be here, I'll just let those plates of uneaten raisins, unopened applesauce cups and undrunk water bottles sit. It just wouldn't do for me to leave her, afterall -- she's sick!

So, what blogs am I following? Thanks to the recent addition of Vienna RSS Reader, I'm following too many and adding more daily. So, here are the top:

The Pioneer Woman -- This lady just cracks me up and offers some advice in several areas of shared interet: farming, decorating, homeschooling, cooking.

Big Mama
-- just plain funny.

Card of the Week -- Scrapbooking, stamping and papercrafting ideas and links to other blogs, cause clearly I don't have enought already.




"The only thing that interferes with my education is my schooling" -- Albert Einstein

No comments: